On the swype website www.swype.ch, you can complete the initial registration steps all the way to ordering your SIM card as follows.
- Go to our website www.swype.ch , click on «Get swype» > «Create account» and then either select one of the social media login options or enter your e-mail address and set your personal swype password.
- If you’ve selected the «Email & password» login method, you’ll receive an automated e-mail with a code. You’ll need to enter this code in the designated fields in order to verify your e-mail address. You can also use the «Confirm your e-mail address» link in the e-mail to verify your e-mail address. Facebook, Google and Apple account logins don’t need to be verified.
- Scan the QR code on the screen and install the swype app on your mobile device.
- Please make sure that your mobile device has a working Internet connection or is connected to a WLAN.
- Log in to the swype app with the login details you created on the website.
- Complete the digital identity check by following the process in the app.
- Choose whether you’d like a new swype number or whether you’d prefer to transfer your existing number to swype.
- If you want to use the suggested number, select «New number».
- If you want to keep your existing phone number, select the «Transfer number» option and follow the porting steps.
Further steps if you’ve selected «Transfer number»:
- Enter your number, select your current mobile provider from the drop-down menu and click on «Next».
- You’ll receive an SMS containing a confirmation code. You’ll now need to enter this code.
- Select your previous mobile product type (prepaid/ monthly subscription).
- Prepaid: send an SMS with «YES» to 499 to confirm the transfer of your number to swype.
- Monthly subscription: Select the transfer date and sign the transfer request in the swype app.
- Choose either an eSIM» or a physical «SIM Card».
- Select one of the main swype rates (swype Swiss, swype Surf, swype Europe).
- Add a payment method (credit card/debit card with online purchase function/TWINT).
If you’ve selected «eSIM», you can install it by following the steps described in the app. Your eSIM profile will be downloaded to your device automatically. Please also follow the setup instructions provided by the device manufacturer. You’ll find the device instructions from your manufacturer attached: Device instructions by manufacturer.
If you’ve ordered a physical «SIM Card», you can activate it in the swype app after you’ve received it (scan the QR code on the SIM card or enter the SIM card number manually via the «Enter code manually» link) and insert it into your device.