How does the number porting process work for a Postpaid number?
Please complete the following steps to successfully port a Postpaidnumber:
- Download the swype app from the Google Play Store or Apple Store.
- Complete the registration process/create a swype account.
- Log in to the app again and activate the swype SIM card you received (scan the QR code on the SIM card or enter the SIM card number manually via the «Enter code manually» link).
- If you would like to use an eSIM, then at this point you will need to select the «I want to use eSIM» link.
- After scanning the QR code, a swype number will be assigned/suggested to you.
- IMPORTANT: Select the option «Keep my existing number» in order to carry your number over with you.
- An information screen will appear, after which you will need to enter your existing phone number.
- You will then receive a security code by SMS, which you will need to enter into the designated window in the app.
- Select the «Subscription type» option and then choose whether to transfer your phone number immediately or after the end of your current contract, and confirm your selection.
- Digitally sign and confirm the porting request.
You will then receive an automatically generated e-mail confirmation that includes the porting form you signed. The scheduled porting date will be displayed for you in the swype app under the number. You can also check the status of the number porting process here at any time.
There is nothing else you need to do at this point. We will share this porting request with your current provider on your behalf.
On the day that your number is due to be ported, you will also be automatically reminded by e-mail to insert the new swype SIM card into your phone (or to install an eSIM). You can then select the desired rate, activate it and use the service.