Please complete the following steps to successfully port a Prepaidnumber:
- Download the swype app from the Google Play Store or Apple Store.
- Complete the registration process/create a swype account.
- Log in to the app again and activate the swype SIM card you received (scan the QR code on the SIM card or enter the SIM card number manually via the «Enter code manually» link).
- If you would like to use an eSIM, then at this point you will need to select the «I want to use eSIM» link.
- After scanning the QR code, a swype number will be assigned/suggested to you.
- IMPORTANT: Select the option «Keep my existing number» in order to carry your number over with you.
- An information screen will appear, after which you will need to enter your existing phone number. You will then receive a security code by SMS, which you will need to enter into the designated window in the app.
- Select the «PREPAID» option and confirm by clicking on «Continue».
- Send an SMS with the keyword «YES» to 499. If you don’t, the number porting process will be paused until this SMS has been sent.
- The porting request will be displayed for review on the next screen. Please confirm this by clicking on the «Confirm number porting» button.
- The scheduled porting date will be displayed for you in the swype app under the number. You can also check the status of the number porting process here at any time.
There is nothing else you need to do at this point. We will share this porting request with your current provider on your behalf.
On the day that your number is due to be ported, you will also be automatically reminded by e-mail to insert the new swype SIM card into your phone (or to install an eSIM). You can then select the desired rate, activate it and use the service.